Monday, November 15, 2010

Yahoo!!

Well, we all made it through another “Fairview Studios Christmas Pottery Sale”. This one was by far the most successful Christmas sale EVER. Our Fearless leader Dave (pottery owner and Irish drum maker extraordinaire) has been running this sale for at least 25 years, and he confirmed that our deposits this year were a record breaker. Not only that, but the hall was always full of customers and didn’t stop or die down until 11am. This sale has a reputation for being crazy. The customers always line up early, make a mad dash inside as soon as the doors open (you take your life into your hands if you open that door, you might get trampled). They rush around; fill their baskets, boxes etc and then line up to pay. All told, the sale that officially runs for 3 hours is usually essentially over by 10 or 10:30 AM and then it is like a ghost town for the next hour and a half. This time, we had people shopping right up until Noon. I don’t think there was a potter that didn’t sell well. I know I did well. I had 3 full tables of my stuff, and at the end, it was condensed down to 1, so I guess I sold about 60-70 percent of my work. I was a little bummed coming into this sale as the weekend before I had only managed to sell about 6 pieces at the CCAA sale.


All in all, it was a fantastic event.


Here are a few before shots of my tables. I could definitely work on my display a little more.






No comments:

Post a Comment