Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Big Bowls

I went down to Galleria a few days ago to pick up a cheque for last month's pottery sales, and they mentioned that they were in need of more large bowls and platters. I was in the studio this past weekend and decided to throw some really large bowls. Once I started, I couldn't stop. Each one is half a bag of reclaimed studio clay. I used the reclaim because even though it is soft and easy to throw, it has lots of grog and stands up well. I am guessing on the weight, but I think each bowl would be about 11 or 12 pounds each and they are probably 2 feet in diameter. I don't think I can do too many of these marathon giant bowl throwing sessions, my arms and shoulders ate killing me.
I will take some pictures once I get them all trimmed up. I managed to trim the ones I threw on the weekend, but the last couple that I made yesterday and today are just too wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment