Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What to teach?

I have been teaching at Fairview Studios for approximately 6 months and the one thing that I always struggle with is coming up with new ideas to teach. The only time I never have this problem is when there are new students. I always demo a bowl to the newbies. I am endlessly searching the web for new and exciting ideas. So, if anyone out there can suggest anything that they think would be a good demo for a pottery class, please let me know. I am always willing to try something new in either the basic form, the function, or in the decoration. I'm thinking of covering some new types of lids and incorporate them into various lidded objects like casceroles, teapots, cannisters etc.
I better make my mind up soon, class is tomorrow....whoops, I guess I should say today, I'm posting this after midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment