Monday, April 30, 2012

Always open your mail…

Well, I finally got around to doing my taxes. Nothing like the night before the deadline to get it done. Reminds me of how I used to do things in University. Always put off doing it today, ‘cause you can always do it tomorrow…plus, "I work better under pressure".


While doing my taxes, I learned a “valuable” lesson. Always open your mail as soon as you get it. I had been stockpiling all of my tax info in one pile (that's pretty good for me), and it was waiting for me when I began doing my taxes last night. There were a few envelopes in the stack that had not been opened, but I knew what they were (I thought). They were T4’s (income statements), RRSP statements etc. I opened one up, and low and behold, it was a cheque for $2200 that I had been waiting for. It was the share payout from the last place I worked at. I wasn’t at the point of worrying about it yet, as I know that things can be slow when it comes to actually paying someone money. I guess I must not have seen it in the pile, but it just goes to show you, open all your mail, even if you think it is a bill, or something else equally horrible, it might just be a nice surprise. So, I have to pay the MAN $500+ more in taxes, but in the end, I am a bit further ahead than I was yesterday. I must have stockpiled some good Karma somewhere along the way.

I am off to post my pound of flesh to the tax man after work, and then to unload the kiln at Ceramics Canada. I had a peek at it yesterday when I opened it up, and everything looks just right. It was just a little warm and I didn’t have any gloves handy to unload yesterday, so today I can take some pots home to actually price before the sale on Saturday. Hopefully my stockpile of good Karma helped with this firing. I hate it when the top shelf just teases you and the further down you go the less happy you get…

I WILL take pictures tonight. I always forget to take pics of pots before a sale, but I will tonight, I promise...

No comments:

Post a Comment