Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I need an assistant (or a clone)

I was driving to Timmy’s at lunch today to grab a coffee and a bagel, and I was thinking that I was going to have a long overdue and well deserved night out tonight. Dinner and a movie with a friend, how nice. While I was at the drive thru window, I get a call from Dave “the task master (not)” Settles to see if I would be able to teach for him tonight as well as tomorrow and Monday. He is leaving on holidays tomorrow morning (must be nice), but his travel insurance didn’t arrive in the mail today, and I guess he has to do a lot of last minute running around. So, I cancelled my night out, and will be teaching tonight, tomorrow night, closing up on Friday, opening up and closing on Saturday, and Sunday, teaching again on Monday, and then teaching my regular class on Tuesday....whew, not much time off for me this long weekend I guess.

On another note, I really wish taking pictures while driving was easier. I was on my way home from class last night (I was teaching), and the sun was setting behind a bank of stormy looking clouds. They were all tinted the most beautiful pinks and purples. I tried taking pictures with my phone while driving (I was being safe, and only doing so at lights, or when no one was looking). They all came out blurry, or dark, and did not capture the true beauty. Oh well, I guess you had to be there...

So back to the title of this mini rant/post, I need an assistant cause there is so much that I HAVE to do, and twice as much that I WANT to do (rarely do the haves and wants ever overlap). I wish I could clone myself so that I could be in two places at once...

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment