Monday, July 30, 2012

Now What Do I Do?


As you may recall, I made my first (and only, so far) sale via Etsy back in May. I got it out the door and on the way to the Bronx about 2 days after the purchase was made and I thought that would be the end of it. Well, last week I got a notice that there was a package waiting for me at the post office. I couldn't figure out what it might be, but when I got to the post office on Saturday, I discovered that the very same box I sent off to NYC in MAY, just came back to me unclaimed. What am I to do? I had to cover the return postage (~$14), I have tried to contact the purchaser, but the only way I have to contact them is through the conversations on Etsy, they did not put an e-mail address or phone number or anything in their profile. I have asked if they actually do want this piece, and that if they do, there would be an additional $14 in postage, but I would be more than happy to send it to them again. What do I do if they don't contact me? Am I obliged to refund the money? It took 2 months for this to get back to me, and the money is now long spent (they paid by PayPal, and I have since made other online purchases like e-books, etc.

If anyone out there has any advice, or has had something similar happen to them, I would appreciate any feedback.

I guess I will put this little jar back on the shelf, but keep it as “SOLD” for a while in case they do get back to me and do want it.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa that's ODD! Did anyone ever get back to you??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I finally heard back from the customer just this past week. Somehow they never got the notice that their was a package waiting for them at the post office and apparently they never check their e-mail very often. Strange, who doesn't check their e-mail?
    It was getting to the point where I actually googled their name to see if there were any obits matching their description. At least I know now that they are still alive and want the pot and I will be shipping it to them as soon as they send me the postage. Mystery solved

    ReplyDelete