Monday, August 9, 2010

catching up

I ache all over. I went for a therapeutic massage yesterday, and man did she ever do a number on my back. I was in a car accident in 2002, and my back has never been the same (pelvis is torqued to the right and is a bit higher on the right than on the left, so my back is constantly in some kind of pain). When I went to bed last night I could feel every spot she had spent extra time on releasing knots. Oh well, I have 2 more sessions booked for this month, so I should be in good working order by September.

As for pottery, I finally got my palladium lustre. Now I just need to bisque fire what I have, glaze it, and then fire the lustre.

We are doing raku this week at the pottery, and I have a few things that I would like to get done. I am a white crackle kinda girl, and I especially like it against a nicely blackened terra sig background. I fooled around with naked raku last year, but way too much work for very little pay off. I could never seem to get the slip/glaze layer to release nicely from the pot. It should peel off like the shell of a hardboiled egg. I ended up bleeding from the knuckles as I scrubbed and scraped the sandy slip and glaze off the pots. I did get the nice naked raku look, but I found that with the extra scrubbing and careful scraping, my terra sig layer would start to peel off as well. So white crackle it is, for me at least, until some kind soul gives me the fool proof naked raku for dummies recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment